Friday 21 February 2014

My Holiday


Last holiday, I went to Malang, East Java. I went there by train and the journey was really tiring because I got the hard sleeper ticket. I was listening to music along the journey. The train left Bandung at approximately 3 p.m and arrived at the next morning which was at 7 a.m. I called my grandfather to pick me up at Malang Kota Baru train station. I had to wait a while for my grandfather’s car. In the middle of waiting, I saw a red car coming. That’s my grandfather’s car! I got in and after saying hello and greeting them, we told each other’s stories along the ride. Not for a long time, I saw the building. Well, my grandfather’s house was pretty big and located in the middle of the city. It was close with Malang Town Square, and University of Barawijaya. It had approximately 12 rooms and half of it was being rent. Some college students were the costumers. At night, the second floor of the house was used to be a cafe. The second floor had a very big balcony so that it was called “Balcony Cafe” but no! Actually its name was Ngopienet Cafe and it was belong to my uncle although the buliding was my grandfather’s. As soon as we arrived at the house, I put my belonging as well as those heavy bags. I was sure I didn’t bring things which were not impotant but it was still pretty heavy. After taking bath, my grandfather told me that he was going to go to my uncle’s house. I was excited and said yes. My uncle had a cute son who was aged 8 months. His name was Keenan. He liked to smile these days, said my aunty, the last time I contacted her. When I arrived at the house, I rushed toward to door and knocking it. When the door opened, I saw my aunty was holding baby Keenan. I was surprised and immidiately kissed Keenan. He was fatter than in the photo, which my uncle had shared via Facebook and LINE. I played with Keenan and a little helped my aunty to look after Keenan. Sadly, we could not stay too long because my grandmother was waiting in the house alone. So, we headed back to my grandfather’s house. At night, my grandfather ask me if I wanted to go to my aunt house which was at Surabaya. I joined and the journey took approximately 2 hours. We were not stay for a long time because we only picked up my cousin. And from that day, when we got back to Malang, I spent my holiday in my grandfather's house. I didn't even remember how boring that situation was and how I survived through that.

No comments:

Post a Comment